What’s your retirement plan? PLUS my entrepreneurship library giveaway!
Entrepreneurship gets in your blood. It’s a thrill, building a business and being in charge of your own enterprise. It can be a hard habit to break.
– Carol Tice, Will Today’s Entrepreneurs Ever Retire?
You’ve heard it before: I love my work so much I would do it for free! Okay, maybe.
How about: I love my work so much I would do it forever! Ouch.
When you’re driven by passion and a big, bold mission, it’s hard to imagine yourself not working until your last breath. Or is it? It’s harder still to imagine a plan for working yourself out of a job when you’re struggling to stay in control of your current business plan.
But planning for retirement – or, at the least, that time when you might want to have more fun – is an important part of your long term goal setting.
How would you make business decisions differently if you knew what retirement looked like?
How do you envision retirement as of today?
- Sipping cocktails on a far off island beach?
- Hardcore philanthropy?
- Ceaseless travel?
- Going back to school?
- Ease, rest, and relaxation at home?
- Work as fun instead of working to fund fun?
Bottom line: you’re not building a business or income stream just for today or tomorrow. You’re building a strategy for long term gain and satisfaction.
Entrepreneurship Library GIVEAWAY
Want to win a library of 6 books to support your entrepreneurship and help you build that strategy for long term gain & satisfaction? Thought so. I’m giving away a copy of Drive by Daniel Pink, Start With Why by Simon Sinek, Linchpin by Seth Godin, Taking the Leap by Pema Chodron, Uncertainty by Jonathan Fields (forthcoming), and The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau.
These are books and people who have transformed my business.
Here’s how to enter:
- Visit our giveaway sponsor’s site, Business on Main, and take a look-see at this article on entrepreneurship & retirement (link will open in new tab).
- Then, come back here and leave a comment below with your thoughts on retirement. Want to work forever? Are you one of the 4 in 10 who are don’t plan to retire? Or do you have a clear vision of what “work” will look like (or not!) in your 70s or 80s?
- Giveaway ends Monday, August 1 at noon Eastern. Winner will be selected at random and contacted by email.
- One entry per person.
My blog is a part of an online influencer network for Business on Main. I receive incentives to share my views on a monthly basis.